Video hosting site Vimeo is the latest to join the HTML5 craze, launching a new web player that can automatically detect the hardware of the end user and play videos either in Adobe Flash or HTML5 format. The service will take account hardware requirements, browser, and the connection speed. HTML5′s advantage is that it will make Vimeo’s content more accessible to mobile devices, such as those that don’t support Adobe’s Flash plug-in, such as Apple’s iPhone and iPad.
According to Vimeo, the embed codes are the same in the Flash version or HTML5 version. The browser and bandwidth will determine which version–HTML5 or Flash–gets loaded.
Also new to the service is a “Watch Later” option that will allow users to bookmark videos for later viewing.RELATED
- Facebook News Feed Changes Put Focus On Content Source's Quality
- New Website Helps Users Check If Their Email Account Has Been Hacked
- Facebook Is Open To The Idea Of A "Sympathize" Button
- Download Gmail And Google Calendar User Data Starting Today
- Top Yahoo Searches In 2013 Revealed
- Seen at: news.cnet