Video hosting site Vimeo is the latest to join the HTML5 craze, launching a new web player that can automatically detect the hardware of the end user and play videos either in Adobe Flash or HTML5 format. The service will take account hardware requirements, browser, and the connection speed. HTML5′s advantage is that it will make Vimeo’s content more accessible to mobile devices, such as those that don’t support Adobe’s Flash plug-in, such as Apple’s iPhone and iPad.
According to Vimeo, the embed codes are the same in the Flash version or HTML5 version. The browser and bandwidth will determine which version–HTML5 or Flash–gets loaded.
Also new to the service is a “Watch Later” option that will allow users to bookmark videos for later viewing.
- 2014-04-15: BitTorrent Sync Now Supports Network Attached Storage Devices
- 2014-04-15: Game Of Thrones Torrents Break Piracy Record
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Updates Office Online With Tell Me, Commenting And More
- 2014-04-14: Google Search Ranking Boost For Websites With Encryption [Report]
- 2014-04-14: Girl Tweets Mock Threat At American Airlines, Gets Arrested