Archos is already well known for its media players and now the company has unveiled five new Android-powered devices to have you jumping for joy. All these devices will be powered by Android 2.2 and sport microphones and accelerometers. The major downside of these devices is that they don’t offer access to Google’s Android Market, so you’ll have to get your app fix from Archos’ AppsLib. Without further ado, the devices include:
The $100 Archos 28 offers a 2.8-inch 320 x 240 pixel display, a resistive touchscreen, 4GB of storage, Wi-Fi, and an 800MHz Cortex A8 processor. The $150 Archos 32 offers similar specifications but offers a 3.2-inch display, 8GB of storage space, and also a camera at the back that is capable of capturing 720p video. Both devices will be available in September.
The $200 Archos 43 sports a 1GHz A8 processor, 4.3-inch 854 x 480 pixel resistive touchscreen display, and a camera on the back. The $275 Archos 70 offers a 1GHz A8 processor, along with a 7-inch 800 x 480 pixel capacitive touchscreen display. Other features include 8GB storage, HDMI output, a microSD card slot, 7-hours of video playback and support for several video formats.
Finally, the $300 Archos 101 is powered by a 1GHz processor and offers a large 10.1-inch 1024 x 600 pixel display. It’s pretty much the same device as the Archos 70 but with a larger display. The question is, will it be good enough to challenge Apple’s iPad, which has been the tablet to defeat until now?
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-02-02: Archos Neon Trio Of Tablets Unveiled
- 2013-10-09: Archos GamePad 2 Announced
- 2013-04-18: Archos 35, 50 and 53: New Affordable Unlocked Android Smartphones
- 2013-03-22: Archos GamePad Now Available In U.S. For $179
- 2013-02-19: Archos Set To Join The Android Phone Race [Rumor]