The (in)famous Dev Team has recently demonstrated over a 60-second video of their latest Pwnage Tool software, relying on the SHAtter exploit that was uncovered by pod2g a few weeks back. Here’s what the Dev Team have to say about their latest endeavor :-
Although PwnageTool was a useful first test of a full iPod 4G jailbreak via SHAtter, it’s really overkill compared to the faster tools being developed. Its main use in PwnageTool will be for those with iPhone4’s, to allow updates while preserving the baseband and ultrasn0w carrier unlock. In any event, this is another exciting time for iPhone and iPod touch users…the cat and mouse game continues!
We’re pretty sure that Apple is already working to circumvent this in their next software update, and we can only wait in bated breath as this “interesting” game continues virtually.
Next Story: Windows Phone 7 to hit Europe on October 21st?
- 2014-04-15: HTC One M8's Dual-Lens Setup Draws Interest From Huawei And Lenovo [Rumor]
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: Sketch Presumably Hints At OnePlus One Design
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off