Singapore Airlines (SIA), the national airlines of Singapore (how obvious is that), has just announced that they will be introducing a new in-flight connectivity system that will have its roots in Immarsat’s SwiftBroadband in a collaboration with OnAir to deliver Wi-Fi connectivity as well as mobile telephony services while you’re cruising at high altitudes to cross continents. Basically, this might mean you can send and receive text messages over a GSM-compatible cell phone, while picking up emails on your smartphone and notebook in mid-air. SIA hopes to equip its fleet equipped in the first half of next year under progressive stages, starting first with the Airbus A380, and the Airbus A340-500 and Boeing 777-300ER aircraft being next.RELATED
- If Batman Loved Golf...
- Rolls-Royce To Design Ship To Transport Live Fishes
- Newsmy Navigation Announces CarPad II Android-Powered DVD Navigation Tool
- Man Willing To Sell A Testicle For A Nissan 370Z
- Nissan Leaf Owner Arrested For Stealing Five Cents Worth Of Electricity
- Follow: inflight wifi, wifi,
- Seen at: bernama