You might already be familiar with Powermat, the company that provides inductive chargers for wireless charging of your devices. While charging our technology gadgets is important, the company is planning to expand its reach, specifically into the airport, car and kitchen scene. Powermat has struck a deal with Arconas, a maker of airport seating, to include Powermat charging surfaces in a new line of seats that will be rolled out in 150 airports worldwide. The company has also inked a deal with General Motors to have the center console of the Chevy Volt support the Powermat inductive charging, so you won’t have to worry about car chargers. Finally, Powermat is also working with Haier to create Powermat-enabled appliances. The idea of being able to take out blender out from the cupboard and not have to plug it into the wall is definitely an attractive one. Would you like to have inductive charging available throughout your house?
Next Story: Art Lebedev cardboard USB flash drives concept
- 2011-12-26: Powermat hacked to offer vehicular iPhone charging
- 2011-02-14: Powermat to expand inductive charging beyond gadgets
- 2010-10-12: PowerMat for iPhone 4 review
- 2010-10-14: Powermat looks to incorporate wireless charging
- 2010-10-15: iPhone 4 And EVO 4G Powermats Spotted At Best Buy
- 2010-10-25: Powermat For iPhone 4 And HTC EVO 4G Arrive