Looking for a tablet under $200? If you’re not fussy as to which company made the tablet, then perhaps X10’s AirPad tablet might be worth checking out, especially with the company’s lofty claims that the AirPad is “the best tablet on the market for under $200.”
The AirPad is a 7” tablet featuring a 800×480 resolution and will be running on Android’s Gingerbread 2.3, a bit disappointing given that Honeycomb 3.2 has been optimized for tablets of the 7” variety. Then again, perhaps the decision to go with Gingerbread might explain how X10 managed to reduce their costs? Anyway we suppose Gingerbread 2.3 is better than Froyo 2.2.
It will be running on a 1.2GHz Rockchip 2918 Cortex A8 processor with 512MB of RAM and will come with 4GB of internal storage, with a microSD card slot that will support an additional 32GB. It also features a 2MP camera at the back and comes up with a HDMI port, and it appears to be WiFi only. Interestingly enough it comes with a USB port that the company claims will allow you to attach a wireless or wired keyboard to the tablet for your typing needs.
As they had advertised, it will only cost you $199.99 which technically is under $200 (although not by much). Based on the specs it’s not exactly the most spectacular tablet available on the market, but if you’re on a budget and you don’t really need super high-end specs, perhaps the X10 AirPad could fill those needs.RELATED
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Samsung Rumored To Be Working On 8-inch And 10-inch AMOLED Tablets
- Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- Survey: Amazon Kindle Fire Preferred Over Tablets With Google Play For Gaming
- Follow: 7, Android, budget, gingerbread, x10,
- Seen at: x10