If you’ve ever thought to yourself “I wish USB cables were stretchy”, you’re in luck. The Asahi Kasei corporation has unveiled a new cable called the Roboden, which is touted as the world’s first elasticated cable that can be used to transfer data or power. The company manufactures Spandex so you can be sure it knows a thing or two about elasticity.
At the moment they are available as regular USB data/power cables, but in the future these stretchy cables can be used in the design of new machines and gadgets that require cables to expand and contract i.e. robots and motion sensing suits. Check out the video below to find out more about Roboden:
- OCZ Formalizes Toshiba's $35 Million Buyout Offer
- Journey Through Middle-Earth Is Another Chrome Experiment
- Xbox One's Kinect Voice And Gesture Cheat Sheet Released
- FCC Chairman Releases Statement On Inflight Cellphone Use
- Joe Belfiore Vows To Close Windows Phone App Gap By End Of 2014
- Seen at: geeky-gadgets