It’s always great to see stuff of the movies being recreated in real life, and a developer recently managed to recreate a system similar to the touchscreen computer used in Minority Report, albeit a lot less flashier. He accomplished this using a Samsung Galaxy Nexus Android smartphone, a Microsoft Kinect, a computer and a projector. A specially compiled Android ROM allowed his phone to talk to his computer which was used to send commands to the handset from the Kinect. A projector connected to the Galaxy Nexus provided all the visuals on the wall.
Granted, it’s not the most practical way to use a phone (standing in front of the projector blocks the screen), and it’s not exactly the smoothest Android experience you can get – it still is a pretty impressive setup. Check out the video demonstration for yourself.
Next Story: Huawei Honor gets Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2013-03-05: Verizon Galaxy Nexus Finally Receives Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update
- 2012-10-16: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S
- 2012-08-29: Jelly Bean for Verizon Galaxy Nexus available (pre-release)
- 2012-06-28: Galaxy Nexus Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM leaked
- 2012-05-30: Android 4.0.4 update for Verizon's Galaxy Nexus is imminent