In a matter of days ahead of an initial public offering, Facebook announced that their lead in the online display advertising market has jumped, growing to 27.9% for 2011, which is nearly 8% more compared to 21% just a year back – at least, according to new data which was released by research firm comScore Inc. This means Facebook is pulling even further away from their closest competitor, Yahoo Inc., who holds 11% of the display-ad market at the moment, growing ever so slightly from 10.9% in 2010. Even further behind the pack would be Microsoft Corp. and Google Inc., where they have just less than 5% each. No idea on how accurate comScore’s results are, but they are telling in one way or another. In fact, Facebook has already gone beyond Yahoo where its share of display ads are concerned back in 2009, and this kind of news will only add to the hype should the IPO be announced this week. Facebook hopes to raise as much as $10 billion from the exercise – will you be jumping aboard the Facebook IPO bandwagon?
Next Story: Spoka lamp from IKEA is smartphone-controlled
- 2014-04-02: Shoptagr: Tag Now and Shop Later for Less
- 2013-08-08: Civilization Online Revealed
- 2013-08-07: Apple Granted Appeal That Reinstates ITC Case Against Motorola
- 2013-08-06: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Always-On Voice Recognition
- 2013-08-06: LG G2 Release Expected On Launch Day