Photographs can be taken in either a landscape or portrait orientation, but unfortunately most cameras have been designed with its shutter release button placed in a landscape position, which sometimes makes taking a portrait orientated photo slightly awkward. Now we know it’s not really a big deal but Pentax has decided to address that particular “concern” with their new Optio VS20 point and shoot camera which features a vertical shutter release button.
Apart from its vertical shutter, the Optio VS20 will feature a 16MP CCD sensor which uses mechanical image stabilization, a “night snap” mode that allows for the capture of more vibrant images with low blur and noise in low light settings, a 3” viewfinder, various photo effects such as fish-eye, sketch and stretch filters, a 20x optical zoom lens and also comes with the ability to shoot videos in 720p at 30fps.
The Pentax Optio VS20 will be available in both black and white colors and is expected to go on sale on the company’s website in February for $250.RELATED
- Polycom RealPresence in the new Anybots Q(X) Virtual Presence
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Limited Edition 24k Gold Nikon FA Spotted On eBay For $12,000
- Newer Canon EOS M Expected In Second Half Of 2014
- Sony RX10 Photo and Video Samples
- Follow: pentax,
- Seen at: electronista