Some things from the 1980s should remain in that decade, and not cross time lines to the present. However, the Neo Geo console seemed to have evaded this school of thought, where a bunch of enthusiasts decided to continue where SNK left off many years ago. It seems that a new Neo Geo will be on the market soon, where it is known as the Neo Geo X, and will be in a handheld form factor, not to mention feature a a real-life new game on an upcoming cartridge. The Neo Geo X does seem to resemble a handheld in the same vein as that of the Supaboy, and has been confirmed for distribution in the UK as well as across the Atlantic. One thing that might be off putting would be the price points though – we are talking about approximately $800 here, which would be pre-loaded with 20 licensed games to get you started right out of the box. I guess the $800 price point clearly makes the Neo Geo X unaccessible for most folks today, especially kids who grew up in the 1980s and telling themselves that if they studied and worked hard, soon enough, they can buy all the toys they liked when they grew up. How sorely mistaken they are!
Next Story: Espresso Book Machine offers on-demand books
- 2014-04-23 BlizzCon 2014 Announced For 7-8 November
- 2014-04-23 Hideo Kojima Teases "Important" Announcement For Tomorrow
- 2014-04-23 Xbox One For Japan Launches On 4th September
- 2014-04-23 Ubisoft Employee Teases New Prince Of Persia Game
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries