We do know that India offers the world’s cheapest tablet thanks to the government, and here we are with word on another tablet from that part of the world – the Zync Z990. No, this is not the relative of another obscure tablet known as Calcium (OK, it is a bad joke there, I admit), but rather, the Zync Z990′s claim to fame would be it being the first tablet in India that runs off the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system. It will retail for approximately 8,900 rupees (that would translate to around $180 after conversion), Zync’s Z990 is a 7″ tablet that will have a TFT display at 800 x 480 resolution. Powered by a 1.2GHz processor and accompanied by 1GB RAM, you will also find HDMI and microUSB ports to keep it company, making it a decent multimedia playback device. The Zync Z990 also features the credentials that enables you to retrieve all of your favorite content via Google Play. Any takers?
Next Story: Angry Birds Space is now officially out
- 2014-04-20: BlackBerry's CEO "Really Likes" The Idea Tablet
- 2014-04-18: Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Zynga Goes Back To Basics With FarmVille 2: Country Escape
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements