The PlayStation 3 (or more fondly known as the PS3) from Sony has been marketed to be the cheapest Blu-ray player when it first hit the scene all those years ago, and this venerable gaming device still has some miles left in its legs – where it is certainly a strong rival to Microsoft’s Xbox 360 when it comes to capturing your attention in the living room. Chalk up yet another milestone for the PS3 – it is the first console to receive Amazon Instant Video on the PlayStation Network, and remains the only video game console to offer such as service as at press time.
In order to access Amazon Instant Video, all you need to do is check out the TV/Video Services category of the XMB, where you can then proceed to download and install the new Amazon Instant Video app without having to fork out a single cent. The moment the app is launched, you will gain instant access to thousands of streaming and downloadable movies and TV shows, be they for rental or purchase purposes. With over 120,000 commercial-free movies and TV shows for rental or purchase to choose from, you are definitely spoilt for choice. Folks who are an Amazon Prime member will also be able to get more out of the service, with over 17,000 Prime Instant Videos available for free.
- 2014-04-13: Amazon Working On Eighth Generation Of Delivery Drones
- 2014-04-13: Fire TV Sells Out Due To High Demand, Unit Sales Figures Not Disclosed
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Appstore Surpasses 200k Apps Milestone
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Announces Acquisition Of ComiXology
- 2014-04-09: Amazon Fire TV Review
- 2011-01-17: $40 PlayStation 3 taken down from Target’s website
- 2009-06-11: 80GB PS3 Gets Discount On Amazon
- 2010-04-09: PS3 owners could get money back