The Canon Rebel T3i is a pretty decent camera that one can buy in that price range, but it looks like it could be discontinued. This is according to a large retailer in the US who has listed the Canon Rebel T3i as “discontinued” in their system. Assuming that the retailer has their facts right, if you wanted an affordable DSLR camera from Canon, you’ll probably have to hurry other retailers will probably have some in stock but will not be able to replenish them once they have run out.
It could also be a sign that the rumored Rebel T4i could be closer to being launched. According to the rumors, the T4i is expected to come with an 18-135 IS lens that features a silent autofocus motor along with a unique and inexpensive 40mm f/2.8 pancake lens. Canon is expected to hold a dinner next Monday at NAB in Las Vegas where they will supposedly be talking about a 4K DSLR camera. Perhaps the T4i will be announced then, but we guess we will have to wait and see.
- 2014-04-07: Nokia Lumia Icon Goes Up Against The Canon EOS Rebel XTi
- 2014-03-11: Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- 2014-03-07: Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Recalled Due To Allergic Reaction Risk
- 2014-03-03: Canon Doesn't See Smartphones As The Enemy
- 2014-02-28: Canon EOS M2 Will Be Arriving To The US [Updated]