The long awaited installment of the famous photography based application on iOS has finally landed on Android and we are pleased to inform you that Instagram for Android is now Live on Google Play Store. According to the press statement from Instagram, with 30million people already enjoying the facilities provided by the application on iOS, they were very excited to bring it to a new level for Android users to join their friends.
On Android’s version of Instagram, there will be nothing lacking after the first update when compared with the app’s iOS counterpart. For now, the app is still missing a few details such Tilt Shift/Blue effects, Share from Feed, Live Preview and Share to Flickr. But it is their wish to roll out the update that will bridge the difference between both OS’ and provide a consistent usage between iOS and Android.
Android’s Instagram will be usable for phones on Android 2.2 or above and it will be able to support pictures with a resolution of up to 2048×2048, limited by each devices hardware capability and available memory. The application will support English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish languages. On the first day of the launch, a total of 430,000 people signed up on the waiting list on their website. This should signify how in-demand the application really is. If you haven’t already done so, click on this link to download Instagram for your Android device.
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-03-11: Instagram Aims For Growth In Emerging Markets With New Android Update
- 2013-05-02: Instagram Rolls Out Photo Tagging Feature For iPhone, Android Users
- 2013-04-03: Nearly 50% Of Instagram Users Come From Android Background
- 2013-03-19: Sideloaded Instagram On BlackBerry Z10? Don't Sign Out!
- 2012-12-10: Instagram Updates iOS, Android App With Improved Camera, Foursquare Integration