Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich powered devices are still not all that common, with Android 2.3 Gingerbread still being the most popular version at the moment. Well, it seems that there is a rather obscure tablet known as the TomTec ATP7658 Excellent 8 which has arrived at the FCC, signalling its impending release to the masses here in the US assuming it passes FCC inspection with flying colors. Even more interesting news is the fact that it will come with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich right out of the box.
For those who are familiar with the more obscure tablets from China-based manufacturers, you might feel as though you have seen the TomTec ATP7658 Excellent 8 tablet somewhere before – that is because it bears a close resemblance to the Xiron Excellent 8 tablet that was released last year. This makes the TomTec fall under the budget tablet category, but to have it run on Ice Cream Sandwich is definitely something worth taking note of.
Next Story: Nikon D3200 DSLR enters entry level market
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10: Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-12-06: No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-09-06: LG G Pad: Hands On Review
- 2011-12-28: Sony Tablet S and Tablet P to get Ice Cream Sandwich updates
- 2011-12-23: Galaxy Tab 8.9 unofficial Ice Cream Sandwich ROM on the way
- 2011-12-22: Ainol Novo7 Paladin tablet retails for $120
- 2011-12-19: Motorola XOOM gets Ice Cream Sandwich unofficially
- 2011-12-09: Coby announces five new Ice Cream Sandwich tablets for Q1 2012