If you’re in the market for a new Android tablet that will be able to withstand a far amount of abuse, SDG Systems has unveiled the Mesa Rugged Notepad, also known as the RAMPAGE 6. Safe to say the name and the accompanying photo above should have already given you the impression that this is one tablet that has been designed to take a beating, although it’s IP67 certification for protection against dust and water are also a pretty good indication as well. So what can you expect to find under the hood?
Beneath the rugged exterior, the RAMPAGE 6 will feature a 5.7” display and will run on a custom-built version of Android 2.3 Gingerbread. It will also pack an 806MHz processor with 256MB of RAM along with 4GB of flash memory. It will sport an SD card slot, USB host and client ports, a headphone jack, a 9-pin connector and will feature both WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. However the Geo version of the tablet is also expected to introduce GPS capabilities and a 3.2MP camera, while the Geo 3G version will offer users the option to connect to the internet via cellular data networks. No word on how much the RAMPAGE 6 will cost but it is expected to launch in Q3 of 2012. [Press release]
- 2014-04-17: Zynga Goes Back To Basics With FarmVille 2: Country Escape
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Twitter Introduces 'App Install' Ads
- 2014-04-17: iOS 7.1.1 Release Expected Soon
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released