I know that having an Ice Cream Sandwich as a dessert is supposed to be a smooth experience for your throat, but it seems that this is not the case for some owners of Sony Xperia handsets which hail from 2011. Apparently, the latest Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich software update has an unwanted passenger hanging around – the bug does seem to affect LED notification, which is deemed as a crucial function for most users out there. The users claim that the notification LED will no longer flash whenever their smartphone receives SMS or emails, especially when the screen remains locked.
It is a mystery, however, that the LED notification will function correctly even when there are missed calls. Not only that, when the screen display remains on, the LED notification will work just fine, too. Some of the smartphones affected by the latest software update include the Xperia arc S, Xperia pro, Xperia ray, and Xperia neo V amongst others. Are you one of the affected?
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2012-08-21: Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich for 2011 Xperia range
- 2012-07-02: NTT DoCoMo stops Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for quartet of Xperia smartphones
- 2012-06-07: Sony Xperia Mini Pro receives Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2012-06-01: Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro gets Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2012-05-28: Sony Ericsson Xperia arc and Xperia neo receive Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update