The upcoming South Park: The Stick of Truth game was expected to see a release later this year. However during E3, Trey Parker and Matt Stone appeared on stage to debut the trailer of the game where it was also revealed that it would be arriving on the 5th of March 2013. We know that some of you guys are probably bummed out by this news, so hopefully the trailer above will be able to appease you until then. The game’s first DLC was also revealed and according to Microsoft, the DLC will be arriving on Xbox Live first before making its way onto other platforms. The DLC will contain three downloadable episode packs, which according to Microsoft are, “standalone adventures featuring their own stories, taking you to places in South Park you’ve never seen before.”
If you’ve already made up your mind to get the game, Microsoft also revealed two pre-order bonuses. This includes the Good Times With Weapons Pack which comes with the Samurai Costume, Cartman’s Kick-Ass Sai and the Bulrog Chicken Attack. There will also be the Xbox exclusive Mysterion Superhero Pack which includes the Superhero Costume, Dagger of Cthulhu and the Mysterion Special Attack.
Even better news for Xbox gamers is that if you own the Kinect, the Stick of Truth will come with Kinect functionality that will reportedly let you taunt enemies and launch attacks via vocal commands. Sounds pretty good if you ask me, and if you agree, the 5th of March 2013 will be a date you’ll want to mark down on your calendars.
- 2014-04-16: 36.9% Of Games Bought On Steam Never Get Played [Study]
- 2014-04-16: Warlords Of Draenor Might Not Require You To Upgrade Your Computer
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-15: Duke Nukem: Mass Destruction Redirects Visitors To New Website
- 2014-04-15: Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Zomboss Down Expansion Now Available