In a move to increase sales in South Korea, donut and coffee retailer Dunkin’ Donuts is installing an ingenious technology into the buses in Seoul that will release coffee aroma into the air each time the Dunkin’ Donuts radio jingle is being played. The technology uses a spray that they call “Flavor Radio” and it looks similar to other conventional sprayers used in homes. The strategy seemed to work. The company said that since the campaign launched several months ago, they saw a 16 percent increase in visitors at Dunkin’ Donuts shops near bus stops.
And the coffee aroma on the buses proved to be too hard to resist as coffee sales went up by 29 percent, the company said. However, Dunkin’ Donuts has no plans of deploying the same strategy on its shops around the world. “The campaign was designed to raise awareness of Dunkin’ Donuts coffee in a fun and engaging way. In Seoul and South Korea, there is a lot of passion for Dunkin’ Donuts, so this offered an opportunity to try something unique and different,” Public Relations Manager, Jessica Gioglio said.RELATED
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Microsoft Provides Helpful Tips For Navigating The Xbox One Interface
- Digital Mirror Changes Your Expression To Look Happier In Real-Time
- GTA Online Content Creator Captured In YouTube Video
- Xbox Video Launched On The Web, Windows Phone App Coming Soon
- Seen at: bostinno