Amazon’s Kindle Fire 2 models is rumored to arrive sometime this August, but here we are with whispers of the possibility of the Kindle Fire 2 coming in at least three flavors. This bit of juicy gossip hails from Richard Shim, an analyst at NPD DisplaySearch, who claims that his information is reliable enough to believe in, as his sources are part of the supply chain. Just what are the three variants of the Kindle Fire 2?
There will be three 7” models available, with one of them having a 1024 x 600 resolution display sans camera, while the other has a higher resolution 1280 x 800 display with a camera. Both of these are expected to arrive in August. The third 7” model is slated for a September production, sporting not only a 1280 x 800 resolution display, but has a camera and 4G connectivity to boot. How’s that for choice?
The fourth quarter of the year ought to see a 8.9” Kindle Fire 2 with an stunning display resolution of 1920 x 1200. The fabled iPad killer, perhaps?
- 2014-04-13: Amazon Working On Eighth Generation Of Delivery Drones
- 2014-04-13: Fire TV Sells Out Due To High Demand, Unit Sales Figures Not Disclosed
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Appstore Surpasses 200k Apps Milestone
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Announces Acquisition Of ComiXology
- 2014-04-09: Amazon Fire TV Review