The successor to Amazon’s hot-selling tablet, the Kindle Fire, was previously rumored to be announced later this month. And according to the latest rumors online, it looks like the tablet won’t be released long after its announcement. Apparently Amazon has already ordered 2 million units to be assembled in China, with a targeted release date of August 7th. A good idea, considering how nobody likes to wait for months just to get their hands on a device when it has been officially announced.
While these are all rumors at this point in time, we’re hoping they turn out to be true. Let’s see if Amazon has what it takes to take on Google’s Nexus 7.
Next Story: Samsung Galaxy Chat announced
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Amazon Smartphone Spotted
- 2014-04-13: Amazon Working On Eighth Generation Of Delivery Drones
- 2014-04-13: Fire TV Sells Out Due To High Demand, Unit Sales Figures Not Disclosed
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Appstore Surpasses 200k Apps Milestone