It seems that apart from Archos’ recently released tablet, the 101 XS (you can check out our review here), the company has more tablets planned and has announced two additional tablets, the 80 XS and the 97 XS, both of which will sport smaller displays (8” at 1024×768, and 9.7” at 1280×800) but is expected to feature the same hardware specs as its larger 10.1” sibling, and will also come with a keyboard housing cover that will fit each of the tablet’s sizes. No word on pricing or availability yet, but if you prefer a smaller tablet then perhaps these two devices might be worth keeping an eye out for.
In case the 101 XS is news to you or you have forgotten, the specs include a 10.1” display, a 1.5GHz processor with 1GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage which can be expanded via its microSD card slot. The 101 XS is also expected to receive its Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update in November although it is unclear if the smaller models will be receiving the same treatment as well.
- 2014-02-26: Archos CEO Accidentally Kills Phone During Demonstration
- 2014-02-20: Archos 50c Oxygen & 64 Xenon Smartphones Announced
- 2014-02-20: Archos 40b Titanium Is Aimed At The Music Lover
- 2014-02-20: Archos 80 Helium 4G Tablet Unveiled
- 2014-02-02: Archos Neon Trio Of Tablets Unveiled