Tesco intends to be a pioneer this time around by working on the possibility of introducing virtual grocery shopping at Gatwick Airport for the next fortnight. This particular trial has been billed as the UK’s first interactive virtual grocery store, where it is located in the departure lounge at Gatwick Airport. A quartet of interactive screens will be there to fulfill your shopping desires, as you use your hand to slide screen to screen, having more than 80 different products to choose from. Those who want to make a purchase will need to scan the barcode using your smartphone, with the idea of making a purchase with your smartphone at the airport, arriving home safely only to be greeted by your purchases.
It remains to be seen whether this is just another gimmick, or will it actually be the next frontier where electronic shopping is concerned. After all, mobile commerce is currently the fastest growing area of retail at this point in time, and mobile commerce is also tipped to make up approximately 15% of all online sales before the year is over.RELATED
- LG Optimus G Android 4.4 KitKat Begins Rolling Out For Some Users
- Conan O'Brien Uses Lyft App To Take Kevin Hart, Ice Cube Around Town
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- India Courts Allows Nokia To Transfer Chennai Factory Assets To Microsoft
- Cover Lock Screen App For Android Now Available For Download
- Seen at: bbc