Many believe that Amazon is set to release a larger Kindle Fire tablet this year, a 10” one to be exact. While Amazon has yet to confirm these rumors and make an official announcement, a recent report from CNET has suggested otherwise, claiming that instead of launching a 10” Kindle Fire tablet alongside a 7” model, Amazon will be launching two 7” Kindle Fire tablets instead. They are claiming that one of the models will be a completely revamped one with new hardware specs and a new design, while the latter will be a slightly upgraded version of the current Kindle Fire with newer software running the show.
Interestingly though, the Wall Street Journal has also reported that Amazon will be releasing a cheaper Kindle Fire which will be an ad-supported version, much like the Kindle with Special Offers e-reader. While the specs and pricing of this rumored ad-supported Kindle Fire remain to be seen, it would not be a stretch of the imagination if that device is the same slightly upgraded Kindle Fire rumor that CNET had reported. In any case Amazon is expected to make an announcement on the 6th of September so we guess all will be revealed then, so stay tuned!
- 2014-04-23 HBO Go Coming To Fire TV, Amazon Instant Video Gets HBO Shows
- 2014-04-23 Siri Might Find Its Way Into The New Apple TV
- 2014-04-22 Amazon Will Reportedly Change The Way We Interact With Smartphones
- 2014-04-17 Amazon Fire TV’s Voice Search Expands Partners Roll
- 2014-04-17 Amazon Germany Workers Go On Strike Again
- 2014-02-05 Amazon Video Ads Business Gets Detailed
- 2013-12-05 Survey: Amazon Kindle Fire Preferred Over Tablets With Google Play For Gaming
- 2013-11-18 Original Kindle Fire Receives Unofficial Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2013-11-18 Amazon Rolls Out Kindle Fire OS 3.1 With BYOD Support, More
- 2013-11-04 Amazon Kindles Receive Discount To Celebrate FAA's New Rules