It looks like the Taichi hybrid laptop from Asus is too elusive to handle. First unveiled at Computex 2012 in Taiwan, the Taichi sports a dual IPS display that easily converts the device into a tablet or a notebook, depending on your mood. When the Asus Taichi visited the FCC last month, we were already assuming that it will arrive just in time for the holiday season. But it’s not. According to PC World, Asus is delaying the shipments of the hybrid in the U.S.
An Asus spokesperson reportedly told the publication via email that the shipments could start next month, but it could also be delayed up to next year. In short, Asus’s roadmap is still uncertain. Asus allegedly denied to specify the reason for the delay nor did it gave any information about the availability of the hybrid worldwide. In case you didn’t know, the Asus Taichi comes in two models – one running Intel Core i5 and another running Intel Core i7.
Next Story: Cyber Monday Is The Biggest Shopping Day Ever
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2011-12-05: ASUS Padfone to come shipped with NVIDIA's Tegra 3 instead
- 2011-08-12: ASUS Padfone delayed because of Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2009-09-10: Asus T1 Series hybrid device