Video games have already started to outearn movies for some time already, and just in case you need more proof, here we are with word that Black Ops 2 has earned more dough compared to Black Ops 1 and Modern Warfare 3 – in fact, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 managed to pull in over $500 million in revenue, and this magical figure was achieved during the first 24 hours after it has gone on sale. This also meant that the total Call of Duty sales have also surpassed previously untouchable box office takings of the whole Harry Potter and Star Wars movie franchises.
Activision Blizzard CEO, Bobby Kotick, said, “With first day sales of over half a billion dollars worldwide, we believe Call of Duty is the biggest entertainment launch of the year for the fourth year in a row.” Modern Warfare 3 did not fare too shabbily itself, where it was tipped to have moved 6.5 million units while raking in $400 million worth of revenue, all within the first 24 days of going on sale. We still have no idea on how many actual Black Ops 2 units were sold, so hopefully Activision will release the official figure in due time. Were you one of those who contributed to Activision’s coffers?
Next Story: Wii U TVii App Gets US December Launch
- Watch Dogs PS4 Version Dishes Out 1080p/30FPS
- EA Thinks Battlefield 4 Fiasco Did Not Hurt The Battlefield Brand
- Shaquille O'Neal Wants To Revive The Shaq Fu Franchise With A Sequel
- Watch Dogs For Wii U Still Alive And Well Despite Delays
- Titanfall Edition Xbox One Console Is Real, But Not Available For Purchase