As far as next-gen consoles are concerned, Nintendo has revealed theirs in the form of the Wii U. However when it comes to the rumored PlayStation 4 or Xbox 720 by Sony and Microsoft respectively, there has yet to be any form of official confirmation. There have been plenty of rumors and alleged leaks so far, but until we hear it from Sony/Microsoft themselves, taking that information with a grain of salt seems like the best way to go for now. However in a recent investors call by Activision, the company’s CEO Bobby Kotick might have just let slip some information regarding possible next-gen consoles.
When asked about next-gen consoles, Kotick was quoted as saying, “We can’t really talk too much about next generation console plans [...] but I think it’s safe to say you have a Wii U coming out and there will be another new console coming and we expect that they’ll be very successful.” It is interesting that he said console, instead of consoles, indicating that we might only be seeing one new revision next year. However on the flipside there is a chance that Kotick was merely expressing his opinion which could simply be based on a guess, but being the CEO of a massive game publishing company, we’d expect he would have some inside knowledge, wouldn’t he? What do you guys think?
- 2014-02-21 New Tony Hawk Game Confirmed
- 2014-02-12 Sledgehammer's Call Of Duty's Visuals To Be Huge Improvement Over Ghosts
- 2014-02-06 Call Of Duty Franchise To Get 3 Year Dev Cycle
- 2013-11-25 Activision Claims Crash Bandicoot Has Not Been Sold To Sony
- 2013-11-22 Atari 2600 Action Figures Pays Homage To Activision's Heroes