Considering that Halo 4 will be the first game from the Halo franchise not made by Bungie, safe to say there was just as much excitement as there was skepticism as to whether 343 Industries would be able to live up to the Halo legacy. So far multiple reviews have given the game pretty impressive ratings and it looks like the game could very well be the most successful Halo game yet. According to VGChartz, it seems that opening day sales of Halo 4 might have set a new record for the Halo franchise. Based on their data, it seems that it has been estimated that Halo 4 managed to sell an impressive 3.1 million units worldwide, with 1.9 million units accounting for US sales alone. This is a 15% increase over Halo 3 and Halo: Reach’s opening day sales and assuming that the game continues living up to the hype, Halo 4 could very well break 4 million units sold in its first week alone. Have you gotten your copy yet?
- 2013-08-27: Halo 4 Game Of The Year Edition Arrives This October
- 2013-07-08: Halo 4 Champions Bundle DLC Adds New Maps, Armor, Weapons On Aug. 20
- 2013-03-11: Halo 4 Castle Map Pack Adds 3 New Maps, 6v6 Playlist On April 8
- 2013-02-18: Halo 4 Majestic Map Pack Leaked
- 2013-02-07: Conan O'Brien's Halo 4 Review Results In Cortana Lust, Controller Licking