The print industry can be said to be slowly dying out, and in the embers of it, are there any proverbial phoenixes in the making? Perhaps, or perhaps not, time will tell. The thing is, Nintendo Power will have a grave mate to join it, as PlayStation: The Official Magazine is another print magazine that will cease all publications with the Holiday 2012 issue hitting the stands this November being the final issue.
It was just in August, when it was announced that Nintendo Power, the longest-running gaming publication in the US, will no longer be published from next year onwards. Nintendo had apparently no desire at all to renew their contract with Future US. PlayStation: The Official Magazine is a far younger publication, starting off back in 2007, and prior to that, it was known by a different moniker – just plain PlayStation Magazine will do, which hit the newsstands back in 1997. Ah well, the circle of life continues, we do wonder which would be the next publication that will bite the dust?
- Disturbing Scenes In Metal Gear Solid V Are Designed To Push The Limits
- Hideo Kojima Would Like To See Metal Gear Solid 5 Arrive For PC
- Killzone: Shadow Fall's Multiplayer Might Not Be 1080p As Advertised
- Titanfall Season Pass And Digital Deluxe Edition Announced
- PS4's Second Week In Japan Apparently Not Too Spectacular