[Mobile Loco] We were at Mobile Loco last week where Edith Yeung presented “Android Numbers, Gangnam Style”. In her fun presentation she reminds us that over 500 million Android devices have been activated worldwide at a rate of 1.3 million per day, more than the total Starbuck cups of coffee sold on a daily basis. According to TechCrunch reporting on Eric Schmidt speech back in September, only 70K Android tablets are activated daily.
The install base, which more than half is powered by Gingerbread, spans across 599 distinct Android brands that shipped close to 4000 different devices. Samsung is getting the lion share, with over 50% of the market.
At the end of the presentation, Edith Yeung compares Android to Apple in terms of number of downloads, number of units shipped and revenues. Basically, for one Apple phone there are two Android phones, however, developers generate more revenues on iOS than on Android. Watch the video to learn more.
Next Story: Angry Birds Star Wars On Facebook
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2013-08-20: CloudBeat 2013, San Francisco Sept. 9-10
- 2013-06-10: MLOVE ConFestival Europe, South of Berlin, June 19 – 21, 2013
- 2013-05-28: The Global WebRTC Ecosystem Event Makes its Inaugural Debut in Atlanta, June 25-27, 2013
- 2013-04-30: Under the Radar: Meet C-Level Execs From Rackspace, BofA, Virgin America and more ($200 off door price promo code)
- 2013-03-13: Structure:Data • March 20 & 21, 2013 • New York, NY