As much as we’re sure many of you guys would love to get your hands on a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, given that it’s considered to be one of the high-end Android devices, its price might not be within reach for some. However if you insist on owning a big-screen phone, perhaps getting a friend or relative in China to send you the Star S7180 might be a cheaper alternative. Even better it seems that the Galaxy Note 2 knock-off device comes rooted out of the box, saving you the time and trouble of rooting it yourself, especially if rooting and flashing Android devices is of unfamiliar territory.
Priced at a very affordable $150, we’re sure many of you guys are curious as to the type of hardware it has under the hood. Well for starters it will come with a 5.5” display, a dual-core MT6577 CPU, 1GB of RAM, 4GB of internal storage, a 0.3MP front-facing camera, an 8MP rear-facing camera and Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. Apart from its dual-core CPU, the rest of the specs aren’t too shabby, that and the fact that there are still tons of Android devices out there that come with Android 4.0 ICS pre-loaded, the inclusion of Jelly Bean is a pretty nice touch. If you’re interested in getting your hands on the phone, you can try your luck at Taobao although you will probably need to brush up on your Mandarin first.
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-18: Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2014-04-18: Twitter Parody Account Results In Police Raid At Home
- 2014-04-18: Future Google Nexus Smartphone Might Have MediaTek Solution Powering It
- 2014-04-18: Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)