They say that there is no such thing as a free lunch in this world, but no one apparently informed Crackle that the same rule applies to video streaming services, and Crackle has decided to go ahead by making available their free video streaming service to major Smart TV models as well as Blu-ray players. Of course, those who are huge fans of free video streaming would have realized by now that Crackle is readily available on devices such as the smartphone, computer and video game console, so it is nice to see them expand their boundaries by including the Smart TV range from the likes of LG, Samsung, and Vizio.
Samsung would benefit more than the rest of the players mentioned here, as they will also see the ad-supported streaming service being offered for their family of Blu-ray players. This particular move by Crackle would affect only a bunch of countries to date, including folks living in North America, the UK, and Australia where LG and Samsung are concerned, while the Vizio Smart TV family in the US and Canada are the only beneficiaries. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-18: One Sky, One Road Project Sees 80 Hour Drive Across Japan Recorded
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba’s MicroSD Memory Cards Are World’s Fastest
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Fire TV’s Voice Search Expands Partners Roll
- 2014-04-17: Home Try-On Program For Google Glass Launched
- 2014-04-17: Glasses Use OLED Screens To Show Fake Eyes