Sony is not quite out of the tablet game just yet, as it seems that they have another new tablet up their sleeves which is simply known as the Xperia Tablet Z, and according to several sources close to Sony Mobile, they claim that the Xperia Tablet Z carries the codename “Pollux”, coupled with the model number C690X for those of you living in the West, while folks living in the Land of the Rising Sun will receive the Xperia Tablet Z as the SO-03E under NTT DoCoMo’s banner.
This is touted to be the first tablet developed by Sony Mobile instead of Sony, where the latter was the one behind previous generation tablets. Hence, it is rather obvious from the get go that the overall design signature and user interface seems to jive more towards Sony’s new and coming smartphones. Word has it that the Xperia Tablet Z will come with a 1.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon processor, a 10.1-inch (1920 x 1200 pixel) display, 2GB RAM, 32GB of internal memory, LTE connectivity, an 8-megapixel rear shooter, a 2-megapixel front facing camera for those vanity shots, a water/dust resistant chassis and a massive 6,000mAh battery. Sounds like it is going to lay the smack down on just about all other tablets out there in terms of hardware, no?
Next Story: Tylt Vu Wireless Charger
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2013-09-12: Sony Xperia Tablet Z Kitchen Edition Unveiled
- 2013-08-01: Sony Shipped 9.6 Million Smartphones Last Quarter
- 2013-07-25: Sony Announce Devices That Will Receive Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-07-12: Sony Xperia Tablet Z Receives Full Seg Support In Japan
- 2013-05-22: Sony Xperia Tablet Z Review