Audrey Hepburn is probably one of the most iconic women in the film and fashion industry, with many attempting to recreate her beauty and sense of style. In fact it seems that task proved to be quite difficult as production company Framestore found out when attempting to create an advertisement for chocolate company, Galaxy. The original idea was to use an Audrey Hepburn double and that’s what the production company set out to do. They scanned the double’s face and did a live shooting before return back to their studio for further refinement. Unfortunately the facial scan did not prove to be as accurate as they thought and failed to capture certain iconic nuances, such as Hepburn’s eyes and smile.
They ultimately decided that CG was the way to go and the results can be seen in the video above, which we have to admit looks stunning and almost as if Hepburn was still alive and acted in the commercial. If you’d like to find out more about the process in which Framestore went through, you can find a detail description at Galaxy’s website. In the meantime if you have a minute to spare, do check out the video above and let us know what you think!
- 2013-03-28: Intel PixelSync Contributes To computer Graphics History
- 2013-03-21: AMD Radeon HD 7790 Strengthens AMD's Mid-Range Offering
- 2013-02-28: CG Audrey Hepburn Commercial Looks Like The Real Deal
- 2011-08-30: Otoy Cloud Tools: A Vision for Ultra-Realistic Games and Movies
- 2009-07-28: CPU against GPU in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- 2009-08-11: Tim Sweeney: The End of The GPU Roadmap