Onkyo is better known for their range of audio devices and peripherals, but this time round, they have clearly left their comfort zone by announcing not one, not two, neither will they be rolling out three, but rather, half a dozen (!) tablets in the Land of the Rising Sun. Yes sir, Onkyo’s range of tablets will be known as SlatePads in Japan, where for the entry level device, it will feature a 7” display at 800 x 480 resolution, a 1.2GHz Cortex A8 processor, 512MB RAM, 4GB of internal memory and Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich right out of the box.
Moving up the range, you will find another 7” model, one 8” model, a 10.1” model, and a couple of SlatePads that will be part of the 9.7” family. Shared specifications among the rest include a dual-core 1.2GHz Cortex A9 processor, 1GB RAM and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean as the operating system of choice, with prices starting from around $114 and going all the way to $315 thereabouts after conversion. No idea on whether any of these will arrive Stateside, but no loss if they don’t though.
- 2013-06-26: Onkyo CS-255 iOS Speaker Dock Supports Lightning Devices
- 2013-02-26: Onyko SlatePads Announced For Japan Market
- 2012-02-09: Onkyo GX-W100HV speakers feature DLNA capabilities
- 2011-11-21: Onkyo CS-345 CD Mini System plays CDs and your iPods
- 2011-07-25: Onkyo announces remote control app for Android
- 2011-07-14: Onkyo home theater systems to support Spotify