It’s been a few months since Toshiba released their Excite 10 that featured a 10.1-inch display and dual-core processor, but today, they’re announcing a new tablet: the Toshiba REGZA AT501.
Toshiba’s REGZA AT501 will feature a 10.1-inch display capable of a 1280 x 800 resolution, a 1.3GHz quad-core Tegra 3 processor, 1GB of RAM, 3MP rear-facing camera and will act as a companion for REGZA TVs, which we hope means it’ll offer a second-screen experience similar to the Wii U GamePad or Xbox SmartGlass. The tablet will also run on Android 4.1 Jellybean.
As of now, the REGZA AT501 is only available for the Japanese tablet market for 40,000 yen (approximately $425) with no word yet to if or when we could expect it to make its way to additional markets.
In our opinion, the $425 price tag is what may hold the REGZA AT501 back from being widely accepted in markets outside of Japan. Either way, if you’re a REGZA TV owner who is looking for a tablet to sync with, this might be the specific tablet you’ve been looking for.
Next Story: Nixon's The Blaster: Blast Nonstop For 18 Hours
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2013-07-18: Toshiba Excite Pure, Excite Pro, Excite Write Android Tablets Now Available
- 2013-06-03: Toshiba Unveils Its Excite Pure, Pro, Write 10-Inch Android Tablets
- 2012-09-04: Toshiba Folio 100 gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update (unofficial)
- 2012-08-07: Toshiba Thrive receives Android 4.0.4 ICS update earlier than expected
- 2012-02-23: WildTangent launches Android game store for the Toshiba AT200