It’s been a few months since Toshiba released their Excite 10 that featured a 10.1-inch display and dual-core processor, but today, they’re announcing a new tablet: the Toshiba REGZA AT501.
Toshiba’s REGZA AT501 will feature a 10.1-inch display capable of a 1280 x 800 resolution, a 1.3GHz quad-core Tegra 3 processor, 1GB of RAM, 3MP rear-facing camera and will act as a companion for REGZA TVs, which we hope means it’ll offer a second-screen experience similar to the Wii U GamePad or Xbox SmartGlass. The tablet will also run on Android 4.1 Jellybean.
As of now, the REGZA AT501 is only available for the Japanese tablet market for 40,000 yen (approximately $425) with no word yet to if or when we could expect it to make its way to additional markets.
In our opinion, the $425 price tag is what may hold the REGZA AT501 back from being widely accepted in markets outside of Japan. Either way, if you’re a REGZA TV owner who is looking for a tablet to sync with, this might be the specific tablet you’ve been looking for.RELATED
- Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- Survey: Amazon Kindle Fire Preferred Over Tablets With Google Play For Gaming
- Assassin's Creed: Pirates Released For Android, iOS And Kindle Fire
- Galaxy Tab 3 Lite Release Expected Next Month
- ASUS PadFone Mini To Launch In Taiwan Next Week
- Follow: Android, toshiba, toshiba regza,