You can more or less say that the Android mobile operating system has jumped by leaps and bounds ever since it appeared on the scene a few years ago, and with its latest iteration in the form of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, you can say that it has the iOS from Apple on the backpedal in some aspects. Whispers abound that the next version of the Android operating system will be given the nickname “Key Lime Pie”, in keeping to the tradition that each successive name of a new version of the Android platform will take on the form of a dessert, as well as a corresponding step to the next letter in the alphabet.
While cosmetic changes are to be expected, it is said that Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie could very well feature gesture-based user interface options, that will certainly bode well with the new kind of gesture control from the likes of Samsung and LG on their newer flagship devices. Do you think this will raise up an entire new generation of Android fans, or is it just a potential gimmick?
Next Story: Nokia Music+ Arrives Down Under
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2013-09-03: Android 4.4 KitKat Moniker Revealed As One Billion Device Activation Milestone Is Passed
- 2013-06-28: Android Key Lime Pie Ready For Fall Release
- 2013-06-17: Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Concept
- 2013-04-23: Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Release At Google I/O Reportedly Delayed
- 2013-04-19: Android Key Lime Pie May Include iOS Game Center-Like Multiplayer Features