Back in March Asus rolled out Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update for the Transformer Pad (TF300), becoming the first manufacturer to release Android 4.2 for its non-Nexus device. The company said that they will be releasing the same update for Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700) and meMO Pad Smart in the second quarter. Asus has delivered beautifully on its promise, merely three days after the second quarter of 2013 has begun. Android 4.2 Jelly Bean for Transformer Pad Infinity is now rolling out in the U.S, as announced by the company on its Facebook page.
Some of the features that Android 4.2 Jelly Bean for Transformer Pad Infinity include multiple account login for up to 4 accounts, parental lock, new US for ASUS IME and the ability to set Ethernet settings as default ON. The update also brings ASUS screen saver in DayDream feature, new camera AP and lock screen wallpaper. New widgets, including lock screen widgets, are also present in the update alongside a new keyboard and improved fonts. Overall performance has also been tweaked. The Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update can be downloaded through the System Update menu in the Settings app.
Next Story: AT&T 4G LTE Now Available In 14 New Markets
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2013-09-11: Hands-On: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Review
- 2013-06-03: Asus Transformer Pad Infinity Announced Featuring 2560 x 1600 Display
- 2012-07-05: Asus Transformer TF101 gets updated with bug fixes
- 2012-06-25: Asus Transformer Pad Infinity Review (TF700)
- 2012-04-23: Asus Transformer Pad Review (TF300)