It seems that Lenovo has a phablet-like device planned and according to the leaks and information so far, it will feature the model number P780. While the device has yet to be officially announced, and perhaps get a nicer and easier to remember name, Lenovo has tapped basketball superstar Kobe Bryant in one of their teaser videos (above) in which he asks the viewer if they are ready for the next Lenovo, before trailing off and showing the next scene in which he can be seen holding a Lenovo device.
According to Sina Weibo users, Lisancha who has apparently managed to get some hands-on time with the device, it seems that we can expect a 5” display (presumably with a 720p HD resolution) with a sizeable 4,000mAh battery to boot. The report has also suggested that the device will feature dual-SIM slots and will be powered by quad-core MediaTek chipset. At this point in time we’re not sure when the phone will be released, but a launch date has apparently been set for the second half of May. Either way stay tuned for more updates, and in the meantime you can check the video above for the teaser.
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces