An anonymous retail source has informed CVG that the upcoming game Grand Theft Auto V is set to break all previous game sales records in the UK. In fact, it is said that a total of three million copies of the game have been specially allocated for the UK release alone. With three million units of Grand Theft Auto V being made available for the UK, it should not have any issues eclipsing UK launch sales of Activision’s Black Ops 2, where that particular title managed to sell a whopping 1.4 million copies within 24 hours. Of course, a whole lot of the game’s potential sales success would hinge upon whether gamers are willing to take up this title or not.
To put things into perspective, the previous iteration of Grand Theft Auto, Grand Theft Auto 4, only managed to whip up a comparatively feeble 630,000 copies in the first 24 hours of sales, but one also ought to take into consideration that way back in 2008, the number of PS3 and Xbox 360 owners were a whole lot less. Do you think that Grand Theft Auto 5 will be able to sell out completely?
Next Story: Echolocation Implant Helps Blind To “See”
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-15: Duke Nukem: Mass Destruction Redirects Visitors To New Website
- 2014-04-15: Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Zomboss Down Expansion Now Available
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Upsilon Circuit Game Can Be Played Only Once