Sony’s Xperia ZL started to receive its version of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean just last week, and today, we’re hearing its sibling, the Xperia Z, is finally getting its time in the 4.2.2 sun as Sony has started to finally upgrade the handset.
The Sony Xperia Z’s Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update seems to be rolling out to unbranded HSPA+ and LTE models of the device, but we’re also hearing a number of carrier-specific phones are also receiving today’s update. Either way, as soon as you finish reading this story, you should check your Xperia Z immediately to see if today’s update is available to you.
If you are an Xperia Z owner who caught the Xperia ZL’s update notes and wished you could get in on that action, you’re in luck as you’ll be receiving a good majority of what those users received last week. Once you update to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, the majority of the changes will be minor that you may or may not notice, except for support for lock screen widgets. You also may notice some tweaks to the Xperia Z interface’s look and feel.
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18 Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-01 Sony Xperia SP WIll Not Get Official Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-03-19 Sony Xperia Ultra, Z1 And Z1 Compact To Receive Android 4.4 KitKat Updates
- 2013-07-10 T-Mobile Sony XPERIA Z Review
- 2013-03-04 Sony XPERIA Z Review
- 2013-01-07 Sony Introduces Xperia Z With 1080p Reality Display, 13-megapixel Camera