Google is going to unveil its new Nexus 7 tablet today, they sent out invites for the event last week. We’ve seen a number of leaks today that reveal the new Nexus tablet in its entirety, so there’s actually nothing spectacular that we can expect from the announcement. Best Buy upstaged Google today be listing the new Nexus 7 available for pre-order even before the company had officially announced it. The retailer has now pulled the pre-order page, which in all probability will now be back up after Google is done with the announcement.
As mentioned, there’s really not much to expect from the Nexus 7 announcement today. The tablet has already leaked in its retail packaging, benchmarks of new Nexus 7 have also been posted online. The tablet is powered by a 1.5GHz quadcore Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with 2GB RAM, it has NFC, a 5 megapixel rear camera as well as Android 4.3. Since Best Buy’s page went up, the price has also been confirmed, 16GB Nexus 7 will cost $229 and the 32GB variant will cost $269, as has been previously rumored. Google’s event is set to begin in a few hours.
Next Story: Viber Gets Hacked By The Syrian Electronic Army
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arriving This Week
- 2014-04-15: Gmail Gets New Insert Photo Button
- 2014-04-14: Google Micro Camera System To Usher In Next-Gen Contact Lenses
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign
- 2013-07-25: New Nexus 7 Promotional Video
- 2013-07-24: New Nexus 7 Announced
- 2013-07-24: Retail Version Of New Nexus 7 2 Leaks
- 2013-07-24: New Nexus 7 Tablets Up For Pre-Order On Best Buy
- 2013-07-22: Someone Bought The New Nexus 7 Already?