Sometime in the middle of this month, we did talk about the upcoming Geeksphone Peak+ handset that will run on the Firefox mobile operating system. Well, this particular smartphone did raise its fair share of eyebrows, especially when one considers how difficult it is to create a whole new market for yourself with most folks rooting for either Android (no pun intended) or iOS as the dominant mobile operating system of choice. After all, it is not as though folks are lining up to purchase devices which are powered by Firefox OS.
The Geeksphone Peak+ would see the amount of RAM inside doubled, touching the 1GB mark, while the exterior materials chosen to construct this handset is supposedly easy on your fingers. Other hardware specifications include a Snapdragon 8225 S4 Play chipset (dual-core Cortex-A5 at 1.2GHz, Adreno 203 GPU), a 4.3″ IPS display at (540 x 960) resolution, 4GB of internal memory which can be augmented using a microSD memory card slot, and a 1,800mAh battery.
The asking price for the Geeksphone Peak+? We are looking at a promo price of €150 ($200) here, where it is now available for pre-order.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-15: HTC One M8's Dual-Lens Setup Draws Interest From Huawei And Lenovo [Rumor]