We’re sure that there are tons of gamers out there who can’t wait to see the upcoming World of Warcraft movie which at this point in time, will be made by Legendary Pictures. Video games which have been translated into movies have never really fared well in the past, so naturally many are skeptical that the World of Warcraft movie will be no different, although Legendary Pictures is hoping to change that. Speaking at a press event for the Pacific Rim movie, Legendary Pictures’ head, Thomas Tull, was asked about the progress with the movie in which he hinted at a possible completion in 2016 which is still years away.
Tull also went on to state that they recognized that just because a certain game has a huge fanbase, it does not necessarily equate to ticket sales, and was quoted as saying, “We’ve taken our time [developing this property], because we absolutely don’t want to screw it up. And I think we’re getting close to a place where we’re ready to go. And when the script is finished, and when we feel like, ‘Forget whether or not there’s a built-in audience. Does this stand on its own, and is it great?’ Then we’ll start filming. We’re not quite there yet, but we’re under suspicion of going there.” So far it does sound like a promising foundation, and here’s hoping that the end result will not disappoint!
- 2014-04-16: Warlords Of Draenor Might Not Require You To Upgrade Your Computer
- 2014-04-11: World Of Warcraft's Choppers Are About To Be Made A Reality
- 2014-04-08: Warlords Of Draenor New Tauren Animations Shown Off
- 2014-04-03: World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor Enters Alpha Testing Phase
- 2014-03-13: Warlords Of Draenor Will Be Released By The End Of The Year