Apple has underlined their plans to open up a store in Tokyo – and they have identified the spot to be in the upscale Omotesando shopping district, with said store set to open up as early as March next year. Wait a minute here, doesn’t Apple already have an Apple Store in Tokyo? Well, this is the addition of its first outlet in the city since 2005, which is a relatively long time when you think about it. Apparently, it is because of the recovery in Japan’s economy that has brought about this endeavor to possible fruition.
Construction of the new Apple Store in Tokyo is tipped to be completed sometime in February next year, and jobs for the unfinished Apple Store are already being advertised. Satoru Kikuchi, an analyst at SMBC Nikko Securities Inc., shared, “For Apple, the Japanese market is appealing in terms of quantity and price. There is a room to expand tablet sales and a possibility the Japanese market expands if Apple’s mobile carrier partners increase.” Do you think that this is a start for Apple that will see its market share increase by leaps and bounds, or will it be another long lull before a different Apple Store opens up in the heart of the Land of the Rising Sun? Only time will tell.RELATED
- Apple Believes They Changed The Definition Of "App"
- Apple Beats Out Dell For Most Sought After Desktop Computer For The Holiday Season
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- iPads Still Popular Amongst Enterprise Users
- Seen at: bloomberg