Amazon has just announced their third generation Kindle Fire, which will come in the form of the Kindle Fire HDX. This particular tablet would merge groundbreaking hardware alongside the most recent version of Fire OS, not to mention throw in a slew of other goodies such as X-Ray for Music, Second Screen, Prime Instant Video downloads, and of course, a spanking new and revolutionary Mayday button.
The Amazon Kindle Fire HDX would arrive would feature an “exclusive” HDX display that delivers 323 ppi for 7” and 339 ppi for 8.9”, a perfect 100% sRGB color accuracy, reduced glare, dynamic image contrast, and improved brightness for better viewing regardless of the existing lighting conditions. A 2.2Ghz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor runs underneath the hood, and the entire shebang (the 8.9” Kindle Fire HDX tips the scales at just 13.2 ounces. Fire OS 3.0 “Mojito” is the operating system of choice, while the new Mayday button that we talked about? Pressing that would deliver revolutionary live tech support, where a single touch will hook you up to an Amazon expert who is able to guide you remotely via any feature any day of the year. It is said it will arrive with 11 hours of battery life for mixed use, and 17 hours of reading.
The 7” Kindle Fire HDX will retail for $229 a pop, with a 4G model going for $329, while the 8.9” Kindle Fire HDX will cost $379, with the 4G version burning a $479 hole in your pocket. [Press Release]RELATED
- Samsung Reportedly Working On Flexible Tablet Displays With Stylus Support
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- iPad Air Leads Tablets During Holiday Weekend
- Applebee's Installing Nearly 100,000 Tablets On Its Tables In 2014
- Uber Will Deliver Christmas Trees To Your Door For Just $135
- Follow: Amazon, kindle fire hdx,