The other day we reported that it was possible that the next-gen Nexus 10 tablet could be made by ASUS instead of Samsung. Now according to the folks at Android Central, they claim to have received a tip by an anonymous person showing off a screenshot from another UK retailer where the Nexus 10 has been referred to as the “ASUS Nexus 10”. This corroborates claims from the other day when UK retailer, PCWorld, had its inventory screenshot leaked which led to speculation that the Nexus 10 could indeed be by ASUS. However it should be noted that this retailer, Currys, is owned by the same company, so it is possible that if the previous entry had been a typo, it could have carried on to this retailer as well.
In any case Samsung was responsible for the first Nexus 10 while ASUS had been tasked with making the Nexus 7. We’re not sure why Google decided to go with ASUS instead of Samsung for their next Nexus 10, if the rumors are true, but given that ASUS has had a decent amount of success with the Nexus 7, perhaps Google is hoping to apply that to the Nexus 10 as well. Either way hopefully Google will be sharing details about the next-gen Nexus 10 soon. Rumor has it that October could be when Google unveils the new Nexus 5, and we wouldn’t be surprised if the company took the opportunity to unveil the Nexus 10 tablet at the same time, so check back with us then for the details.
Next Story: Sony Losing $60 For Every PS4 Unit Sold
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2013-10-02: ASUS Nexus 10 Tablet Could Be Nearing An Announcement [Rumor]
- 2013-09-19: Nex-gen Nexus 10 Tablet Could Be Made By ASUS
- 2013-08-09: New Nexus 10 Expected To Be Manufactured By ASUS [Rumor]