There are whispers going around that Panasonic will be showing off their thinnest as well as lightest 20” 4K tablet right before IFA 2013 kicks off. Apparently, this super high resolution slate device will be one of the stars of Panasonic’s presentation that will be entitled “A Better Life, A Better World,” the tablet remains a long way off from a commercial release of any kind. After the September 4th event in Berlin, the Panasonic 20” 4K tablet will be paraded at the IFA 2013 show for all and sundry to ogle over.
I guess you can more or less call this particular device a concept at the moment, and when you take into consideration the 20” viewing real estate with a resolution count of 3,840 x 2,160 pixels, it ends up as a pixel density of 220ppi. This particular device was first heard of in January, where it apparently ran on Windows 8 with an Intel processor running underneath the hood. It remains to be seen whether the folks over at Panasonic have changed the hardware configuration so that it will be powered by Android instead. That is not out of the question since Android was used by Panasonic before, so we’re waiting with bated breath. [Translated Page]
- 2014-03-24: Panasonic HX-A500 4K Wearable Camera Coming This May
- 2014-03-10: Sony And Panasonic Announce New "Archival Disc" Storage Medium
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Lumix GH4 Ships This April For $1,700
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Toughpad 4K UT-MB5 Could Start Shipping Soon
- 2014-03-07: Panasonic P31 Launched In India, Still In The Smartphone Game