Pantech IM-A890 has seen some leaks in the past few weeks, where many have suspected this to be a successor to the Pantech Vega LTE-A, considering how the South Korean inspired Pantech Vega LTE-A carried the model number IM-A880. Well, the Bluetooth database did reveal that the Pantech IM-A890S has already received its nod of approval and was listed on September 11th, and in this particular database listing, some more details that would interest the masses were revealed.
Apparently, the Pantech IM-A890S claims to be the first LTE-A device or smartphone in the world that comes with rear touch features as well as a Secret Key that can only be unlocked via fingerprint recognition. This sounds suspiciously familiar like Apple’s Touch ID that arrived with the recently announced iPhone 5S, except that Pantech’s version would see it work from the back of the device rather than up front. All in all, it certainly is an interesting way of declaring a “world’s first” adjective as part of the marketing material. I wonder which company would find it viable to be the world’s first smartphone that has fingerprint recognition built into the side/top/bottom of the device, now that would be a hoot. Either way, could this begin the arms race for fingerprint recognition in future devices?
- 2014-03-19 Samsung Galaxy Note 4, LG G3, Vega Iron 2 Will Be Waterproof Devices
- 2014-03-10 Pantech Vega Iron 2 Could Be First To Rock Snapdragon 805 Processor
- 2014-01-16 Pantech Vega Iron 2 Rumored For April Released
- 2013-12-05 Pantech Vega Secret Up Announced With Fingerprint Sensor
- 2013-11-27 Pantech Has Plans For Smartphone With Fingerprint Recognition Sensor